Our Resource Finance team offers innovative and optimised solutions to our clients in the mining, oil and gas industries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Our extensive offering includes:
- Project finance and limited recourse offerings – We offer limited recourse finance for mining projects in South Africa and Africa (greenfields and brownfields), including export credit agency funding, bridging loans and asset-backed financing
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) advisory – We have the largest and most successful M&A team based in South Africa with dedicated advisory professionals focusing on mining in Africa and a dedicated oil and gas team based in the UK. We also have M&A teams located in Nigeria and India
- Indigenisation structuring and financing – Our Corporate Finance team has advised on c.50% of all indigenisation transactions undertaken by companies listed on the JSE. We have a deep understanding of how the indigenisation codes impact mining companies in South Africa. We also structure, arrange and participate in funding required for such deals. Our expertise can be adapted to suit other local regulatory environments in Africa and internationally with similar needs
- Corporate debt solutions and balance sheet optimisation – We provide flexible debt solutions to optimise the capital structures and after-tax cost of debt for natural resources companies
- Oil and gas finance – We work across the oil industry with a specific focus on the upstream (development finance, receivables finance and reserve based lending), midstream (oil and gas pipelines and storage facilities) and oil services industries