As a leading player in infrastructure and project finance across sub-Saharan Africa, our experienced and multi-disciplinary Infrastructure Finance team provides advisory and funding solutions across key sectors: Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), conventional power, renewable energy, road, rail, ports, water, telecommunications, industrial and manufacturing facilities.
Our core services include:
- Arranging and underwriting senior and mezzanine finance (including inflation-linked debt), on a non-recourse or on-balance sheet basis
- Financial advisory services to private companies, consortia and governments
- Equity investments in infrastructure projects and infrastructure-enabling organisations
- Financing the import and export of capital goods and services across Africa with export credit agencies
- Equity gearings through debt or preference share structures
- Arranging, structuring and underwriting senior debt, junior debt and equity tranches for the financing of aircraft and aircraft lessors located globally
- Arranging, structuring and underwriting asset-backed financing structures, including operating leases, finance leases, senior debt, junior debt and equity tranches for movable assets, including rolling stock, yellow metal and industrial equipment.
Our clients benefit from:
- An experienced, multi-disciplinary team with a strong focus on designing tailored financial solutions
- A partnership approach with the ability to invest across the entire capital structure, including senior debt, subordinated/mezzanine debt and equity
- Access to FirstRand Bank’s balance sheet to underwrite large project finance facilities
- Deep technical and sub-Saharan Africa jurisdictional knowledge to assess and mitigate key risks and optimise stakeholder returns
- Access to a strong network of international funding partners including commercial banks, export credit agencies, development finance institutions and multilaterals
- A strong track record in creating infrastructure paper that is attractive to the broader investment market
- Access to FirstRand Bank’s leading corporate, retail banking, risk management and trade finance offering
- In-country expertise and networks in 11 African countries in which we are present
Our experienced team based in Johannesburg and Lagos, together with our strong track record allows us to lead the financing for several high-profile projects across the African continent.