RMB's Export Credit Agency (ECA) focuses on extracting ECA benefits for sovereign, sub-sovereign, corporate and project finance (including but not limited to asset-backed finance, resource finance, power and energy; and oil and gas finance) clients seeking financing for cross-border capital projects.
ECA financings leverages the support of international governments seeking to promote exports of capital goods from their countries, which allows us to deliver more competitive financing terms to our clients. RMB’s ECA team has strong relationships with African and international ECAs, covering the import and export of capital to and from sub-Saharan Africa. We also partner with Development Financial Institutions (DFIs) to provide holistic financing solutions.
Our track record
RMB has led several landmark ECA transactions across sub-Saharan Africa, including:
- Zimbabwe Borderpost Rehabilitation Project: RMB Advised and acted as a Co-MLA for the financing of the Zimbabwe borderpost which facilitates trade in Africa. The project was a USD 300 million project. (Received the GTR Best Deal Award 2021)
- NCP Alcohols: RMB acted as lender, Export Credit Agency, hedging capital and working capital provider to NCP Alcohols which enabled the company to switch its raw material. The transaction is a Credendo-backed long-term finance (Received The Banker award)
- Nacala: The Nacala Corridor rail project in Mozambique, backed by the Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa
- Comair: A R945-m Comair aircraft financing, backed by US Exim
- Azura: $860-m World Bank (Miga and IBRD) supported Greenfield 450MW Open Cycle Gas Turbine Power Plant in Edo State, Nigeria (Received multiple industry awards)
- Cenpower: The 340MW Cenpower Kpone gas-fired IPP in Ghana, backed by the Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa
- Amandi: Amandi is a 200MW combined cycle dual-fired power project, located in the western region of Ghana with a total project cost of US$552-m. The USA Agency of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation provided support for the transaction (Received multiple industry awards)