The Creative Arts Programme: Education for a Creative Economy
Recognising the value of education for a creative economy, the Programme has the following strategic goals and objectives:
Support organisations in music, dance, film, theatre and visual arts to deliver programmes that facilitate the development of a creative mindset in support of the Creative Economy.
- Support organisations that demonstrate an understanding of how a creative mindset can be developed through cognitive thinking (problem-solving, critical thinking, abstract reasoning and personal expression)
- Support organisations that have established rural community in-school and after-school arts programmes (in existence for 3+ years), that demonstrate a positive impact on participants’ circumstances and future possibilities
- Support relevant best practice creative arts organisations with accredited tertiary-level training programmes in the performing arts disciplines of music, dance, drama and visual art towards building the Creative Economy
Talent Unlocked – a Creative Arts Platform
Become a go-to, integrated arts platform, recognised as a space that is instrumentally and deliberately driving growth in the Creative Economy through supporting initiatives for both audience development and artist exposure.
- Play a key role in the creation of employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for artists practising in the creative arts
- Support programmes that enable young people to produce work in the performing arts disciplines of music, dance, drama and visual art for exposure and audience development