Our Real Estate Investment Banking team partners with clients to provide holistic corporate and investment banking solutions which include financing across the capital structure (senior, mezzanine and equity financing), M&A and advisory, raising capital from the private and public markets, risk management solutions (hedging), cash management and treasury solutions, and transactional banking services across South Africa, the rest of sub-Saharan Africa and select offshore jurisdictions.
Our distinct approach towards the asset class enables us to facilitate multi-disciplinary and innovative solutions for our clients across the listed and unlisted sectors.
- Project finance – Specialised development financing across asset classes, such as the financing of the development of Fourways Mall and the repurposing of commercial space for alternative uses such as residential use.
- Acquisition and bridge finance – RMB underwrites financing packages for mergers and acquisitions via a range of products, including normal loans and preference shares, such as the financing package arranged for Pareto for its strategic offshore acquisition of Atterbury Europe.
- Acquisition and bridge finance – Structured finance solutions to enable our clients, like Pareto, to expand their real estate investment portfolios.
- Portfolio finance – Term financing across the capital structure including senior, mezzanine and equity financing.
- Corporate lease discounting – RMB continues to position itself as the market leading lease discounting financier in the real estate sector with a deal footprint of several high-profile transactions, such as Atterbury’s development of the new Deloitte Head Office in the Waterfall precinct in Midrand.
- BEE financing – We partner with key BEE sponsors to facilitate growth within their real estate investment portfolios, for example the Atterbury inclusive growth partnership with Talis.
- Share cover-based financing – We assist our clients to efficiently raise financing which is secured against listed and unlisted shareholdings.
- Broader Africa – We bank key sponsors in support of their African real estate ambitions. See more about this capability in Africa with the AttAfrica solution.
- Offshore financing – We assist clients in the UK and Europe with offshore finance solutions, such as we did for Atterbury Europe, Castelana and Hystead.
- Risk Management Solutions – RMB is ideally positioned to structure risk management solutions for our clients wishing to protect their portfolios against volatile conditions
- M&A advisory – Our advisory services include M&A and advising, arranging and facilitating capital in the Debt and Equity Capital Markets through commercial paper, bonds, convertible bonds, and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). We furthermore offer sponsor services to both equity issuers and issuers of debt instruments listed on the JSE, including the restructuring of existing share offers. For more information, see our Corporate Finance Advisory offering.
- Equity capital raising – RMB has leading credentials in equity raising on the JSE, with access to global capital pools through its joint venture with Morgan Stanley. This has benefitted a number of our clients in the real estate sector such as the recent transaction concluded for Growthpoint.
- Debt Capital Markets – RMB can assist our clients with accessing the South African and global debt capital markets to raise bonds or structured notes through private placements or public market activities. For more information, please see our Debt Capital Markets offering.
- Transactional Banking – Our platforms enable companies with day-to-day banking, including the opening of transactional and investment accounts, payments, collections, foreign exchange and investment solutions in both local currency and hard currency. For more information, please see our Transaction Banking offering.