RMBers and visitors to the RMB campus can look forward to a sculpture garden piazza – the RMB THINK Precinct – that is to be constructed in the next couple of months. The vision for the precinct is a culmination of a need to showcase the bank’s ‘hidden’ sculptures; a place where graduates and staff can THINK and collaborate; as well as an opportunity to update and renovate the RMB campus’s dated look.
The piazza will cover the quad area in front of 1, 2 and 3MP, extend down the stairs to Fredman Drive and under the mangrove trees; include the waterfall, pond and Differently. THINK’ life-size bench.
The following pieces have been identified for inclusion in the garden:
- Entangled Head III (Angus Taylor) — installed in Feb 2017
- THINK Bench (Louis Olivier) — eta June/July 2017.03.14
- Confrontation (Edoardo Villa)
- Environmental (Edoardo Villa)
- Athena — gender diversity commission (tbc as at 13/03/2017) (collaboration of female sculptors)
One of SA’s top architectural landscapers (Patrick Watson) and the Merchant Place architects (Boogertman) have been consulted to start construction towards the end of May 2017. Watch this space for more exciting updates.